Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Stir Fry

Would you serve a traditional Bolivian meal for Mother’s Day?

The kids that have lived with us have always enjoyed my version of a stir fry.  When they come home they want me to make it.  A number of them have asked for the recipe but have never made it.  Oscar on the other hand has made it with me a number of times.  When the men of the chapel were deciding what to make for the mothers Saturday night they decided to make stir fry. 

Oscar was the head chef and Osvaldo was a helper.  They borrowed the big wok from our house and a number of the young men from the church pitched in to help.  I told them if they wanted me to I would go down to the chapel and help.  They didn’t want that but Oscar called me a number of times to make sure he had the procedure right. 
He forgot the part where you turn down the fire.
They made enough for all the mothers and everyone else that was there.  Stir fry for 60 people.  Luis, one of the young men made a huge pot of rice.  It was a great success.  

No comments:

Post a Comment